cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with Google account but nothing happens

Connect with Google account but nothing happens

JoeyCht
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I've been trying to connect with my Google account with the Dropbox desktop app, but when I click on the button, nothing happens... I tried by typing my email address and password below, but then it says that my email or password is incorrect. I downloaded the Mobile App from the Windows store on my computer, and I can connect on this one, but when I want to sync my files, it says that I must do it from the desktop app, but I can't connect with it, and I really need to sync my files. What can I do?

Thank you !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hey @JoeyCht, Once you click the "Sign in using Google account" button, it should launch your default browser, and you should be able to sing-in using your Google account on the browser. If possible, can you please change your default browser to another browser (say, Google Chrome) in Windows Default apps settings and try again? 

If the problem persists, I would suggest to sing-in using email and password. Please note that your Google account password is not your Dropbox account password (unless you have set them the same). If you always used Google sign-in option, it is possible that you do not have a Dropbox password. Please go to Dropbox web - https://www.dropbox.com/account/security and Set a password first. It will send a reset password link to your email, from there you will be able to set a new password. Later you can use your email and password to sign-in on the Desktop app. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @JoeyCht - sorry to hear that, I'll try to help!

From what I understand you must be using a Windows mobile, right?  Would you mind sending a screenshot of the problem to make sure we're on the same page?

All things considered, have you tried installing the desktop app? Give this installer a go and let me know if this works out! 

Thank you!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JoeyCht
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello Walter,

I am using a Windows 10 computer, but I can use the Dropbox app from the Windows store on it (which is called Dropbox Mobile), but when I want to sync my files with it, it says that I must use the Desktop app... I already installed it, but when I open it, I'm unable to connect with my Google account because when I click on the button, nothing happens...

Thank you !

JoeyCht
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Here is where I'm stuck with the desktop app...Here is where I'm stuck with the desktop app...Here is what I get when I want to sync my files from the Dropbox mobile app...Here is what I get when I want to sync my files from the Dropbox mobile app...

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hey @JoeyCht, Once you click the "Sign in using Google account" button, it should launch your default browser, and you should be able to sing-in using your Google account on the browser. If possible, can you please change your default browser to another browser (say, Google Chrome) in Windows Default apps settings and try again? 

If the problem persists, I would suggest to sing-in using email and password. Please note that your Google account password is not your Dropbox account password (unless you have set them the same). If you always used Google sign-in option, it is possible that you do not have a Dropbox password. Please go to Dropbox web - https://www.dropbox.com/account/security and Set a password first. It will send a reset password link to your email, from there you will be able to set a new password. Later you can use your email and password to sign-in on the Desktop app. 

JoeyCht
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It worked ! My default browser was Mozilla and Windows 10 couldn't find it, but I set Google Chrome as default browser and it worked. Thank you for your help !

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JoeyCht New member | Level 2
    Elixir Super User
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?