cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting an App

Connecting an App

Peter P.22
Explorer | Level 4

Unable to locate the "Connect" button for MS Office.  Show me how...with screen displays!

4 Replies 4

Re: Connecting an App

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Peter P.22; thanks for posting on our Community!

Can you please search for MS office in the App Center and add it to your account from there

For more information on this you can also have a look at this Help Center article

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions, Peter. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Peter P.22
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Walter, but WHERE is the "ADD" button?  Unless it is hidden to test my abilities, I just can't see it!!

There are 3 blue buttons, Learn More, and 2 x create new file !!

The only reason I want to do this is that everytime I try to open RECENT Word or Excel file that I have worked on before, my Laptop shows a message that I do not have permission to open this file!!  So I then have to go to my Dropbox folder and open the file from there!

I was hoping that I could resolve this if I connected the Apps in Dropbox.

Hope you can clarify,

Regards

Walter
Dropboxer

If you see the create new file button, you may have already added it to your account, Peter.

Can you check your connected apps tab and the default apps tab as well and let me know what you find there?

Regarding the permission error you get, could you send me a screenshot so I can have a better look?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Peter P.22
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter,

The MS Office Apps are showing up in the Hidden Section!

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Peter

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?