cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Menu Entries are becoming excessive. 8+ Entries!

Context Menu Entries are becoming excessive. 8+ Entries!

Atair
Helpful | Level 5

Dropbox on macOS. Windows is the same, but i guess easier to circumvent?

I think many will agree that this design is not acceptable. Imagine every app would take 8 or more entries in the context menu.. I mean, come on - who comes up with this and why is nobody stopping them? 

I don't like to pay nearly 100€ a year for horrible ux-design..

Ps: Some of these entries showed up recently (last week or so?) with the latest update

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 21 (1).jpg

2 Replies 2

Re: Context Menu Entries are becoming excessive. 8+ Entries!

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Atair, thanks for joining the Community!

We appreciate the feedback about the context menu options provided by the Dropbox desktop application. Currently, there isn't a method to remove of change these in the system.

If you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Context Menu Entries are becoming excessive. 8+ Entries!

Atair
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Jay,

did that (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-ideas/Reduce-Context-Menu-Entries-8-right-now/idi-p/446444)

but it does not show up on the list of ideas, but is searchable - how come?

Unfortunately, there is no explicit guideline I can find that could stop you, but maybe your design team should read up on this:

https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/menus/contextual-menus/

quote: "Include only the most commonly used commands that are appropriate in the current context."

I bet 'copy dropbox link / Share' and 'Smart Sync' stats outnumber the rest by at least a factor of 10

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?