cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Copying a Dropbox file from IOS to laptop

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Here is my senario.  My hotspots are out of fast data, slowed down to 256kbps for the next 15 days.   But my phones still have lots of fast data left for that time.   So my dropbox is downloading at fast speeds but I need to get those files to a Windows Computer to use them. 

It appears LAN Sync doesn't work between IOS and Windows from what I can find. 

If there is no way to enable that type of local sync,  is there a way to copy the files from dropbox IOS (iphone) to my windows pc?   It doesn't look like Itunes can do that except for music and pictures.  

Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated!!!!! 

The 256 kbps hotspot internet data speed is killing me and I have another 15 days till it resets. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Copying a Dropbox file from IOS to laptop

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Bill C.42 

LAN sync only works for wired devices I'm afraid (i.e. computers) as it requires the desktop client. 

I cannot think of any way of copying the files over (as they are not actually stored on the mobile, only references to them). The only thing I could think of (contract dependent on mobile) would be to tether the laptop to your mobile and use the mobile data allowance. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Copying a Dropbox file from IOS to laptop

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Bill C.42 

LAN sync only works for wired devices I'm afraid (i.e. computers) as it requires the desktop client. 

I cannot think of any way of copying the files over (as they are not actually stored on the mobile, only references to them). The only thing I could think of (contract dependent on mobile) would be to tether the laptop to your mobile and use the mobile data allowance. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?