cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting Sync Issue Returns Error

Correcting Sync Issue Returns Error

Indigo1
Helpful | Level 5

I have a file which always appears with a red "x" instead of the green indication that it was synched successfully. I click on the Dropbox icon and the "fix" and it leads me to a fix for synching issues, which involves the "icacls" command (see attached).

When I run that command line, with "%Username%", my username "Jon", or "Administrator", the return is "Invalid parameter "Jon" or "Invalid parameter "Administrator". If I look at Local Groups and Users, both Jon and Administrator are listed.

Any idea what's wrong?

Dropbox ICACLS.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Correcting Sync Issue Returns Error

Indigo1
Helpful | Level 5

Here is the solution: Sage Act! database uses a scheduler service to back up the SQL database. In order for it to do that so that Dropbox can access the file for sync, the scheduler service (services.msc>act! scheduler) must logon with a user account, not the "System" account as someone suggested. Once I changed it to logon with my own user account (which is also an administrator account), it works fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Is your Dropbox folder located where its expected to be?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Indigo1
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, I had changed the location according to the instructions on the DB website, and I accounted for the change when I entered the path for the commands. It seems to have partially fixed the problem, but it seems that new backup files from a database program called Sage Act! get the red "x" when saved to my Dropbox folder...maybe Act! is setting some attribute to prevent the file from being copied...I'll explore that first.

Indigo1
Helpful | Level 5

Here is the solution: Sage Act! database uses a scheduler service to back up the SQL database. In order for it to do that so that Dropbox can access the file for sync, the scheduler service (services.msc>act! scheduler) must logon with a user account, not the "System" account as someone suggested. Once I changed it to logon with my own user account (which is also an administrator account), it works fine.

View solution in original post

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?