cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom objects or standard objects beyond default configuration (Salesforce)

Custom objects or standard objects beyond default configuration (Salesforce)

Explorer | Level 3

I am new to DB and I am setting up our company to use DB with salesforce.

We need to add DB to our Orders & Work Order objects. I have followed all the set-up steps but when I get to set up the triggers, I keep getting the error message below

I am the Admin for SF and I have full access to everything, so I am not understanding why I keep getting this error message.  Can I get help with trying to locate why I am getting this message?   Thank You!!

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. For more information, see Insufficient Privileges Errors.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Triggers

Dropboxer

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this @JW15!

I'm afraid there wouldn't be much I can offer at this point since the error is arising while you're setting up the actions within Salesforce.

I'd suggest reaching out to Salesforce Support for further assistance with setting up the program. 

Your thread will remain open though as other users might have some suggestions for you here too. 

Sorry that I can't be of much more help here, but please don't hesitate to get back to me with any other questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: Custom objects or standard objects beyond default configuration

Dropboxer

Hey again @JW15, I hope you're well today!

I'd suggest checking out this help article as a first step to see if any of the suggestions there helps you to find the root cause and resolution for the error message you're getting.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Triggers

Explorer | Level 3

We are new to dropbox and are setting DB up with our salesforce environment.

We wanted to connect DB to our Orders & Work Orders.

I followed all the steps for the configuration and have most of the steps completed except for the section for the Triggers. I keep getting an error message Insufficient privileges. I am the SF Admin and there is one other SF Admin and they were unable to get the Triggers to work. We have done everything that we know as far as permission but still, the Triggers will not work and we are both getting the same error message.

We are using the Professional Edition of Salesforce. Would this have anything to do with not being able to activate these triggers?

Re: Triggers

Dropboxer

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this @JW15!

I'm afraid there wouldn't be much I can offer at this point since the error is arising while you're setting up the actions within Salesforce.

I'd suggest reaching out to Salesforce Support for further assistance with setting up the program. 

Your thread will remain open though as other users might have some suggestions for you here too. 

Sorry that I can't be of much more help here, but please don't hesitate to get back to me with any other questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?