cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Not starting at all on New Montery MBP M1

DB Not starting at all on New Montery MBP M1

corbeyluv
Helpful | Level 5

Hi - I've just migrated my main account from a Mac Mini M1. It was running Mac OS 12.0.1 fine and dropbox working fine. I used migration assistant to bring to new MBP14 running 12.0.0. Due to the larger SSD on the Mini, I did NOT migrate my DB folder. I decided I would just sign back in and use selective sync and slowly start syncing what I need for this machine. However, Dropbox App is not launching at all, like I'm getting no reaction when I click the icon. I get the brief launch animation, then nothing. I get no crash or error message, it's just not launching.

Steps Taken so Far

1. Checked Activity Monitor and DB is not showing up anywhere so the it's never fully launching
  2. Checked Accessibility and Disk Access, and for some reason, DB is still showing up here (checked)
  3. Tried the Advance DB Reinstall, following instructions, etc. nothing.
  4. I've even tried old school deleting DP prefs in the user home library folder, still no change.

So that is where I am. I'm excited to use this new machine for work but I depend on DB. I'm currently downloading updater to OS 12.0.1 but I really don't expect that to make a huge difference.

Please help, thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DB Not starting at all on New Montery MBP M1

corbeyluv
Helpful | Level 5

Fixed! On testing other apps and having some quit, I found the need to reinstall Rosetta, now working, my bad.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

corbeyluv
Helpful | Level 5

Interesting, I've just found the same issue with MS One Drive (which I have to use for work as well). Will not launch after a fresh install.

corbeyluv
Helpful | Level 5

Fixed! On testing other apps and having some quit, I found the need to reinstall Rosetta, now working, my bad.

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

corbeyluv Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?