cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB suddenly stopped syncing

DB suddenly stopped syncing

MiMo123
Explorer | Level 3

Since last week my DB has suddenly stopped syncing. Initially it was due to insufficient space, but I've since cleared it to 38  % free space left and it still won't start syncing again. It seems maxing out storage space caused the issue, but somehow it's persisting despite that issue being solved. I've already worked through https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/files-update-issues

5 Replies 5

Re: DB suddenly stopped syncing

Chris_J
Super User

Did you know that shared folders counts toward your quota?  Some users forget that or didn't know.  So if you have shared folders, their contents are counted to your storage.

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

MiMo123
Explorer | Level 3

Yes I'm aware, however that is not the issue. I had one shared folder but that's already been removed. I've since discovered that DB somehow keeps syncing with all files on my pc, despite my having never activated the auto-backup feature (which, as I've understood it, is a Premium feature anyway which I don't have). I've deselected by pc files several times in selective syncing, but it keeps switching it back on.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @MiMo123, sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

To disable the backup feature, you'll need to follow the steps outlined towards the bottom of this article

In step 8, please make sure to choose to keep the files on the computer rather then in Dropbox, to remove the files from Dropbox and free up the space too.

You wouldn't be able to disable this feature through selective sync, as this is a different option.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MiMo123
Explorer | Level 3

Well, I'm stuck at 5. It says My Documents isn't in the standard location. It fails, however, to specify where the standard location is supposed to be or how I get My Documents there. Which I've never moved anywhere anyway, so I don't see how it's now suddenly in the wrong spot without me moving it...

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hmmm, it sounds like the backup might have been disabled already as this sounds like an error you would get from setting up the backup @MiMo123.

Can you try moving the files from the "My PC" folder in Dropbox to another location on your computer?

You can do this with the same actions you would move any other files on your computer. Eg. with drag and drop, or copy and paste etc.

If you run into any issues with this, please send along a screenshot as the visual is always helpful.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?