cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOESN'T WORK - Copy dropbox link on Windows Explorer

DOESN'T WORK - Copy dropbox link on Windows Explorer

Vytautas J.
Helpful | Level 5

Hi, could you please check why the copy dropbox link is not working anymore?

17 Replies 17

Re: DOESN'T WORK - Copy dropbox link on Windows Explorer

Rich
Super User II

Is the Dropbox client running? Do you see the sync indicators (the green check marks, etc.) on each of your files?

Vytautas J.
Helpful | Level 5

Yes, the client is running. Yes, the Blue - when syncrhonising, Green - when everything is uptodate.
On each file I don't know as they are long time synchronised. And the same files one month ago i was sharing link with no problem!

Vytautas J.
Helpful | Level 5

And also, when i press VIEW ON DROPBOX.COM it opens the PHOTOS on dropbox not the file...

Rich
Super User II

When you say it's not working, is the option there when you right-click and you're not getting a link when you use it, or does the option not appear at all? Basically, what, exactly, isn't working? What steps are you taking and what is the result you're seeing/expecting?

If it doesn't appear, I would uninstall and reinstall the Dropbox client. Could be a good time to upgrade to the latest release while you're at it.

Vytautas J.
Helpful | Level 5

I see all the options, but when i press on Copy... nothing happens... the link is not copied.></p>
<p>Do not want tu uninstal/instal as i have 70GB on the drive to synchronise... and as i know the app auto-updates itself...</p>

Jaime H.1
New member | Level 1

Experiencing this same issue in Windows 8. Seems to have stopped working as of a few days ago...I've been having to log into the Dropbox web app in order to copy link URLs from there. Huge pain. I use Dropbox every day.

Vytautas J.
Helpful | Level 5

I saw that if you restart your pc the links start working, but somtimes they crash again, so i need to restart pc again to make them work from WinExplorer... so that not the option, hope Dropbox will fix this issue.

Mark C.63
New member | Level 1

I am a longtime user of Dropbox and am experiencing the same problem as Vytautas and Jamie H.   I am using Windows 10, but this all worked three weeks ago.  I am certain I am doing things the same way.  

Robert S.49
New member | Level 1

Same issue...has anyone reached out to Dropbox? 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

John T.79 New member | Level 1
    Fletcher A. New member | Level 1
    Chris G.69 New member | Level 1
    Paul N.3 New member | Level 1
    Seenu S. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?