cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode not available.

Highlighted

Dark mode not available.

Explorer | Level 3

So recently I had to reset my phone and once I reinstalled Dropbox I couldn't find the option to enable dark mode. It was enabled my default before the reset but now I can't seem to find it at all. Any reasons?

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Dark mode not available.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Johnny12; thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

Could you please let me know if you're on an iOS device or an Android one? Do you see the option for Dark Mode in the app's settings? 

While we're at it, have you set your device to be on Dark Mode as our mobile app should follow the system settings? 

Let me know what you find! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi @Walter.
I'm on an Android device running Android 10 and dark mode is enabled but I don't see the option to enable dark mode on the Dropbox settings..
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm not sure if this will do the trick, but could you try the beta version of our Android app @Johnny12?

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi @Walter. Thanks for the reply.. I tried that but still no success.. I tried reinstalling the app a couple of times too.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update, @Johnny12, currently, the dark mode option is still in the testing phase to some installations of the mobile app.

It's possible that it's no longer available on your account when the device was reset, and on our end it isn't possible to re-enable it for specific users.

I'd recommend keeping the app updated on the stable version, so when it is rolled out to all users, you should see it again as an option in the settings.

Jay

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Hi @Jay. Sorry for the late response. So I tried installing Dropbox on one of my other phones and surprisingly dark mode option is enabled by default. So is thus issue with my device only?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?