cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard not updating when uploading new files and when creating new folders

Dashboard not updating when uploading new files and when creating new folders

vManeva
New member | Level 2

Hi. I'm using the web version of DropBox and when I create new folder the dashboard does not update. I can see the notification that the folder has been created but cannot see it on the dashboard. I have to refresh the browser to see my changes.

The same happens when I upload files using drag  & drop and when I delete a file. The dashboard does not update.

I'm using Google Chrome browser Version 61.0.3163.100

Really appreciate your help because it is very annoying.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dashboard not updating when uploading new files and when creating new folders

Rich
Super User II

It's working fine for me in Chrome v61.0.3163.100. Have you tried clearing your cache/browsing history yet? Or disabled any extensions that may be interfering?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: Dashboard not updating when uploading new files and when creating new folders

Rich
Super User II

It's working fine for me in Chrome v61.0.3163.100. Have you tried clearing your cache/browsing history yet? Or disabled any extensions that may be interfering?

View solution in original post

vManeva
New member | Level 2

What are the types of extensions that may interfere? I've tried it on several different laptops, no extenstions and it still doesn't update the view.  

jp0
New member | Level 2

Was this ever answered -- I'm having the same issue in Chrome?

jkm
New member | Level 2

Having the exact same problem. Have to refresh every time. This is on my desktop as well as my laptop.

@jp0 wrote:

Was this ever answered -- I'm having the same issue in Chrome?

Championship P.
Explorer | Level 4

Clearing the cache and browing history improved performance for me. 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Championship P. Explorer | Level 4
    jkm New member | Level 2
    jp0 New member | Level 2
    vManeva New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?