cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration from Dropbox to Google Drive

Data Migration from Dropbox to Google Drive

Veera24
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

How can I move my files from Dropbox to Google Drive for free?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Andrew
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

The one case you can move your files from Dropbox to Google Drive  is by physical method of Downloading & Uploading the files. But this method works better if you have a very less amount of data to transfer. And if you have some large TBs of data to transfer then this method may not be much convenient to you, in this case I suggest you to use some third-party migration tools to make your requirement done with ease.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

I'm not aware of any tools which allow you to do this. The ones that were about have closed or been bought out. 

As you are trying to use Google you'd be better off asking on their forums. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

John Andrew
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,

The one case you can move your files from Dropbox to Google Drive  is by physical method of Downloading & Uploading the files. But this method works better if you have a very less amount of data to transfer. And if you have some large TBs of data to transfer then this method may not be much convenient to you, in this case I suggest you to use some third-party migration tools to make your requirement done with ease.

Clare4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I transfer all of my photo's and videos to Google?

DavidLondono28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi I need help migrating files from dropbox to drive.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@DavidLondono28 wrote:

I need help migrating files from dropbox to drive.

Dropbox doesn't have a migration utility. You'll either need to download your files from Dropbox and upload them to Drive, or use a third-party service such as MultCloud to do the move for you.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Clare4 wrote:

How do I transfer all of my photo's and videos to Google?

You'll either need to download your files from Dropbox and upload them to Google, or use a third-party service such as MultCloud to do the move for you.

tupham
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I give myself access to all the shares? It looks like the Admin Console only allows an admin to share content to themself one share at a time.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @tupham, welcome to our Community! 

At the moment, you wouldn't be able to mass-share content all at once, I'm afraid. I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

I hope this clarifies! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    tupham New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    DavidLondono28 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?