cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date and Time on laptop incorrect.Date & time are correct but will not connect.

Date and Time on laptop incorrect.Date & time are correct but will not connect.

normwy
Explorer | Level 4

The app error says the date and time on my laptop is incorrect and will not connect to the internet.

The date and time are correct and is set by the internet. The internet is connected full time.

I did not have this problem before, it showed up with the last update.

Running Win7. With Avast internet security.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Date and Time on laptop incorrect.Date & time are correct but will not connect.

Rich
Super User II
Go into Dropbox Preferences and make sure the Proxy option is set to No proxy.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Re: Date and Time on laptop incorrect.Date & time are correct but will not connect.

Mark
Super User II
Just as a test what happens if you disable Avast?

And what version of Dropbox. Unfortunately there are lots of 'last versions' so we need specifics.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED. THANK YOU.

normwy
Explorer | Level 4

Hi. Thanks for your feedback.

I have Dropbox V23.4.19

I have tried disableing Avast and instaling an update of dropbox, with no luck.

I have not tried removing dropbox from my systen, disableing avast, then reinstaling dropbox. I will try this  later.

If you have more suggestions, I would like the feedback.

Thank You.

Norm

Rich
Super User II
Go into Dropbox Preferences and make sure the Proxy option is set to No proxy.

View solution in original post

normwy
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Rich.  I think that took care of it.

Thank You.

Norm

mdemedina
New member | Level 2

I tried turning off proxy. Still getting that a secure connection can't be established due to the date/time. Thank you for helping me, as I'm fairly helpless at fixing computers. Any other ideas?

Rich
Super User II
Time zone is set correctly? Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that you may be running.

Bill91505
New member | Level 2

The Proxy setting is what did it for me.  After the update, it was set to AUTO.  As soon as I put it on OFF, then everything works fine now.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bill91505 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    mdemedina New member | Level 2
    normwy Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?