cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dbxsvc keeps giving my Win 7 box the blue screen of death

Dbxsvc keeps giving my Win 7 box the blue screen of death

EddieC
New member | Level 2

I'm using a brand new hard drive with a fresh install of Win 7 Pro. After installing Dropbox (which I use for business), I started getting random crashes. Complete BSOD. Every time, the logs say Dbxsvc is the issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I set it so that Dropbox doesn't start on windows start, and you have to be an admin to run it. Upon returning home today, I walked to yet another BSOD, and Dropbox was not even running. Yet the log says Dbxsvc is the culprit.

Any ideas anyone?

thanks

-e

10 Replies 10

Re: Dbxsvc keeps giving my Win 7 box the blue screen of death

TheTruth
New member | Level 2

I was getting this same issue i searched and removed all copies of this file in windows and the prefetch. there were 3 copies plus the prefetch on windows 7 x64. and it seems to be working so far. keep the files just incase you need them. and remember where they go. i just keep them in my recycling bin so i can restore them back if i even need to. but no crashes yet.

TheTruth
New member | Level 2
NEVERMIND THIS DOES NOT WORK

TheTruth
New member | Level 2

It still calls for the service after i deleted it and crashed the computer..... after it couldnt find it...I had to switch to google drive.

EddieC
New member | Level 2

I had to look for, and delete all occurances of Dvxsvc on my computer. I haven't reinstalled yet. That's a shame as I love Dropbox.

Sure would be nice if maybe the Dropbox people would look into it. And yes, I had all of my settings correct for WIN 7.

TheTruth
New member | Level 2
my google drive just crashed the server...im going to update all my intel drivers next and see if that works.

TheTruth
New member | Level 2
i think its an intel driver issue.

TheTruth
New member | Level 2

ill have to let you know later because the server is currently in use so i have to work on it later.

TheTruth
New member | Level 2

do you have an intel chipset?

TheTruth
New member | Level 2

wait goto services.msc and disable it

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

TheTruth New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?