cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debian client unable to sync after reboot

Debian client unable to sync after reboot

jojooh
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,

I have exactly same problem as this one : https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Linux-client-unable-to-sync-after-rebo...

But I use a debian 10 system.

I initially thought it was because my dropbox was install also on a windows system, and the difference between file system (ext4 and ntfs) may cause dropbox not being able to sync.

I have uninstalled windows dropbox and have reassociated the debian's one so it has downloaded a fresh version of my files. This part was ok. But after I had to suspend sync on restart it in order for dropbox to detect change (new file for example).

And after a reboot, the sync icon was ever pending without doing nothing. I have no idea to investigate.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Debian client unable to sync after reboot

jojooh
Helpful | Level 5

I solve the problem reinstalling from : https://www.dropbox.com/install?os=lnx (not using the ubuntu which was a mistake)

and do the suggested :

echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=100000 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf; sudo sysctl -p

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @jojooh, thanks for joining the Community!

Just to clarify, did you perform an advanced re-installation of the Dropbox desktop application to see if this helps on your device?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jojooh
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Jay,

Do you mean 

dpkg -P dropbox

and re-install?

jojooh
Helpful | Level 5

still same. The fresh install download all my files on my computer and the icon is ok after finishing.

But it doesn't detect any change on my directory (new file, ...)

And after a reboot, the icon stay neverless on the sync state (but doing nothing I can see)

jojooh
Helpful | Level 5

I solve the problem reinstalling from : https://www.dropbox.com/install?os=lnx (not using the ubuntu which was a mistake)

and do the suggested :

echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=100000 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf; sudo sysctl -p

View solution in original post

Jay
Dropboxer

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue, @jojooh. If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Enjoy your weekend!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?