cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

Decryption fails running iOS 14.2

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Just updated iPhone and iPad to iOS 14.2. Now, trying to open an encrypted file, it tell me "Decryption Failed. Null" If I open with Excel, it works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

259 Replies 259

Martz
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I don't see it as having been resolved.  As you mentioned, iOS is the same level so what would have solved it? The way to know if it works is to be able to open it from within the Apple Mail app but just touching it, putting in the password and see it open but still be in the Mail app.  Is this what is happening with you?

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Not true. Apple has not resolved the issue. martz's work-aropunnd is the only way to temporarily resolve the issue.

wboerhout
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

same here

Worcesterman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem. Using MS Office is not an interesting option.

dantsk
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
There is a quick workaround while we wait for Apple to fix the bug. Essentially it’s to use MS Office to open the file instead of letting iOS to enable the opening of the file.
1. Download MS Office into your iPhone/iPad
2. Click the encrypted file you want to open
3. You will be presented with a screen to put in the password. Instead of entering the password, click the “share” icon at the top right corner (Rectangle with Up Arrow)
4. Click the MS Office icon
5. Enter password and the file should now open using the appropriate MS app.

Hope this helps while we wait for Apple to resolve the issue.

Jenncas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same here
I can access on my main computer but not on my iPhone and this is really not how it should be

Jenncas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same issue

Jenncas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have XL installed on my iPhone and it still doesn’t work on dropbox

JohnK2
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Here's the easiest way to do this, until Apple fixes the friggen problem! On your iPhone or iPad, you've got iOS File app. Simply open the app, you should see your dropbox files in there. Click on the file and enter your password. It works like a charm.

CEBR
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes, fortunately I can open the failed decrypted file from Dropbox directly into the Microsoft Office app and it decrypts without a problem, but this two step process is a nuisance. Looking forward to a fix.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Everitt Explorer | Level 3
    RRB74 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?