cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete icon in library pane (Win10)

Delete icon in library pane (Win10)

iv-
Explorer | Level 3

I have uninstalled Dropbox, delete the AppData folders, deleted the DB folder and rebooted, but the Dropbox icon still shows in the library pane. It is just a simple folder icon now, but the item is still in the list (see screenshot).

screenshot.PNG

If I click on it, I get an error that the folder doesn't exist anymore (of course), but I still cannot get rid of the item. This is very annoying.

Any idea of how to do it?

(I hope this is the correct board, let me know if another one is more appropriate)

21 Replies 21

Re: Delete icon in library pane (Win10)

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @iv-, I hope you're having a great start to the New Year!

You should be able to remove the item via the right click menu.

If you right click the Dropbox folder shown in your screenshot, do you have a "remove" option in the menu?

If not, please send along a screeenshot of what you do see from there.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

iv-
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately, if it was that easy, I'd have done it already. There is no option to delete it. As for the screenshot, it will have to wait tomorrow, as I'm using an other computer today.

iv-
Explorer | Level 3

I have just tried on another PC and I have exactly the same problem.

Here is a screenshot of what I see when I right click on that library folder.

screenshot.PNG

Going to Properties doesn't help either: there is no relevant action to perform, and nothing can be applied (because the folder doesn't exist!)

Thank you for the help!

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @iv-, are you able to drag the folder anywhere else on your computer by any chance?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

iv-
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Lusil 

Yes, I can drag it to another location, but this creates a shortcut (to a folder that does not exist) rather than moving it.

As I said, it is a "library" folder (not sure it's the correct term) that is not linked to any folder; it is not a normal folder. It's like a shortcut, after you delete the target folder. But the difference is that it's easy to delete a shortcut, but I cannot find a way to delete this library folder!

Walter
Dropboxer

So, to clarify here @iv-, are you not able to drag it to your recycle bin at all?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

iv-
Explorer | Level 3

@WalterIndeed, I cannot drag it to the bin (same error message as always because the folder doesn't exist)

Daphne
Dropboxer

Could you try the steps outlined here for the advanced reinstall, up until the end of the uninstall steps, @iv-?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

iv-
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Daphne 

I did that already following these instructions. So, Dropbox is uninstalled, all folders are deleted, and I restarted countless times now.

The problem is still there.

It happens everytime so I'm suprised that nobody knows about it and that no solution exists... I guess nobody wants to uninstall Dropbox??

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?