cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting A Device

Deleting A Device

Grimbo
Explorer | Level 4

I could previously access my Dropbox files on my pc, laptop and phone.  My phone was destroyed by water damage.  Trying to access my account on my replacement phone I get a message telling me I've "reached my plan's device limit" so I need to "unlink some devices".  Apparently my old, destroyed phone is still registering as linked but, because it is non-functional, I can't get on it to uninstall the app or unlink in any other way.  How do I unlink the old phone without being able to access it?  Thankyou.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Deleting A Device

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@Grimbo wrote:

...  Trying to access my account on my replacement phone I get a message telling me I've "reached my plan's device limit" so I need to "unlink some devices". ...  How do I unlink the old phone without being able to access it?  ...

Hi @Grimbo,

You don't need access to particular device to unlink it. 😉 The simplest way is to select it while trying setup new device link. Together with the message you are getting, there is a list of available devices which you can use to select one of them to replace. Just use it. Other way would be unlink your old damaged device in advance from the devices list (scroll down to there). That's it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@Grimbo wrote:

...  Trying to access my account on my replacement phone I get a message telling me I've "reached my plan's device limit" so I need to "unlink some devices". ...  How do I unlink the old phone without being able to access it?  ...

Hi @Grimbo,

You don't need access to particular device to unlink it. 😉 The simplest way is to select it while trying setup new device link. Together with the message you are getting, there is a list of available devices which you can use to select one of them to replace. Just use it. Other way would be unlink your old damaged device in advance from the devices list (scroll down to there). That's it.

Hope this helps.

Grimbo
Explorer | Level 4

Thankyou.  All sorted now.  🙂

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Grimbo Explorer | Level 4
    Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?