cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Files

Deleting Files

jandtw1
New member | Level 2

Hi, can someone help me please.

I accidentally pressed sync to all my files from my PC to my dropbox, WHICH I DID NOT WANT TO DO.  My dropbox is totally full. All I am getting is:

1- you need to upgrade your which I do not want to do because I only use it to share an excel sheet with a work colleague

2- when I pressed delete file it deleted the file not just in dropbox but everywhere on my PC.  i have now lost an important document that I cannot retrieve.

it feels like Dropbox threatens that if you don't upgrade you will loose everything.  I cannot use dropbox now as the sync is incomplete so I cannot add anymore information to my work colleagues spreadsheet.

I've tried contacting Dropbox but because I'm not a paying customer they will  not speak to me.

TBH I am finding their setup totally unprofessional and they seem to be only interested if you are lining their pockets with upgrades.

Can someone please help me, I do not want to loose the contents of my PC as all my photos, files etc will be lost.  I am pretty desperate for help please.

Many thanks 

James

1 Reply 1

Re: Deleting Files

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @jandtw1, welcome to our Community and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. 

It sounds like you enabled the computer backup feature on your Dropbox application. To disable it, you can follow the steps here and then move your files back to their original locations.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?