cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Desktop App not connecting on Windows 10 on Azure VM

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Desktop App not connecting on Windows 10 on Azure VM.

Has anyone managed to get this working.

Stuck at connecting/Starting Up

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Desktop App not connecting on Windows 10 on Azure VM

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @HSS!

First off, since you're using a Virtual Machine I cannot indicate whether this would work fully as expected as this is third party software and may have unexpected configurations. 

As I'd still like to help with this, please take the following into account: 

For Dropbox to work correctly, it needs to be installed in an Operating System (OS) that is not part of a Shared Session. If installing into a virtual environment, it would need to be installed into a user account that is part of this virtual desktop or virtual machine and only accessed by that user account. The Dropbox folder should also be located on the same mounted drive that is running the virtual machine or virtual desktop. ( also make sure that is on a supported format

Moreover, be aware that if you install Dropbox on a virtual machine or virtual desktop that are non-persistent, such that they are reset on a schedule or after logging off, Dropbox may be logged out and need to resync everytime this occurs.

In addition and as per your specific issue with "Connecting" I'd suggest that you also checked your antivirus/security programs ( firewalls and proxy settings as well). 

I hope this helps to some extent and please let me know how this goes. Thank you and happy Monday!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?