cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App wont launch after re-install

Desktop App wont launch after re-install

MartinJW
New member | Level 2

eHello, 
Was attempting to install a 2nd copy of Dropbox for another account I have. During the process of installing the app, it recognized an existing Dropbox app. I figured no big deal and selected a different directory for the new install. 

The problem afterwards Dropbox sync'd with the new account but now Dropbox desktop App will not launch. How do I restore the desktop App?

Thank you, 

MartinJW

1 Reply 1

Re: Desktop App wont launch after re-install

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @MartinJW, thanks for reaching out. 

Out of curiosity, when you click on the desktop app in the list of Apps that you have, does it come up with any error messages? 

Also, since you mention that you already had a copy of the desktop app, did you originally have it running already or did you have a regular folder called "Dropbox"? 

Give me a shout whenever you get the chance to check this out, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?