cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Desktop Computer Not Syncing Photos

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My Android phone is sending my photos to Dropbox just fine...I can see them on the app and also on the website.  But about a week ago, my desktop computer no longer syncs the photos.  I have nothing unchecked in Selective Sync, so that can't be it.

In an attempt to resolve this, I have:

1) Unchecked Camera Uploads folder on my desktop in Selective Sync, waited for all the files to be automatically deleted, and then rechecked to re-upload.

2) Uninstalled and reinstalled Dropbox on the desktop computer.

Neither of these attempts have resolved this issue.  There are about 900 photos.  Help?

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Desktop Computer Not Syncing Photos

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @sjwoo2019, thanks for reachin out here!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, let's see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Is it possible that the photos contain any incompatible characters that could prevent them syncing to your desktop specifically? Certain characters within file names are incompatible with certain OS and so the files can't be synced.

Can you let me know if the sync status of the app is showing "Up to date"? Also, which version of the desktop app do you have installed at the moment?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne,

1) The photos are from my phone, so they are just timestamps...and looking at the files on Dropbox, they don't contain anything but the date and the time.

2) Yup, "Up to date" with the nice green checkmark logo.

3) Version 84.4.170.

Thanks...

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

That's strange indeed @sjwoo2019

If you haven't already, can you please restart your computer to refresh your file browser to see if that does the trick? 

If you're still not seeing those photos in your desktop Dropbox folder, can you please just send me a screenshot of the selective sync settings showing that the "Select all" is checked? If you don't have this option checked, could you try checking this since you mentioned you have all folders checked anyway.

Let me know how it goes - cheers!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne,

Here's a screenshot.  Reboot didn't resolve it.  Sync works fine with my laptop; it's just my desktop that's giving trouble.  Sync outside of the camera uploads folder works just fine on the desktop, too -- it's just this really odd issue.  Help?

2019-11-10_15-11-19.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot @sjwoo2019, much appreciated!

To have a better look into this, I've reached out to the email associated with your Community profile. Please check your inbox when you have a moment and we can take it from there if you'd like to.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thanks!

Daphne

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?