cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Installer downloading is too slow in korea.

Desktop Installer downloading is too slow in korea.

onesounds
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

windows client installation is too slow in South Korea. 

when I install dropbox, online installer (small version)

downloading 4 hour and faild. Every Korean dropbox users known that issue, 

so they are using download another website. (ex. download3k.com)

"I've tried to install a long-used drop box on my new PC, but it doesn't work. I think it's a problem with the Dropbox server, but no matter how many instollers you run, the Dropbox installer will not download. No matter how many times you run it, it doesn't work, showing the ridiculous error of downloading only 80MB of program. In such a case, it is not possible to install the machine even if one has to wait for it."

source :

deneb21.tistory.com/540

xetown.com/qna/721963

pjsproject.tistory.com/418

And me too. I've never succeeded in installing it in the past three years.

I always used a different method. (reddit, 3rd praty file host...)

I knew I can download offline installer. (80MB) but "offline installer" is slow too.

(3 hour over - 80MB and faild) The installer seems to be in a slow position to download
from South Korea. (I'm not sure) 
I have fastest bandwith for 4k video steaming.

Only the dropbox has a problem

The reason why I write this is because tooday I have gmail-dropbox chrome extension issue. 

Customer Support answer me to install a new version, but I could not download it again.

It's a very old problem, but nobody seems to be report it.

Thanks.

3hour.jpg 

ping dropbox.jpg

12 Replies 12

thetv00
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

it's so late to download desktop-app and always fail in soeul, korea.

i tried so many times. but everytime fail.

plz send me desktop app(dropbox 47.4.74 offline installer) directly.

email is  [removed by moderator]

thx u.

ITP
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The hotspot works. The download time went from 8 hours to 10 min as soon as it was connected to my phone. But why do I have to spend my data on this? It seems that it is a recurrent problem that has not been taken care of.  

@Ross_S

@Ross_S wrote:

To update here, a number of users are reporting this, they all seem to be on the same ISP.

We're investigating now.

As a work-around, Dropbox should be accessable on other ISPs or, should you wish to conect this way, via a mobile hotspot in the mean time.

Many thanks.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey ITP, welcome to our Community & thanks for posting us on this matter, I’d happily follow-up with you & help you towards a resolution in any way I can! 

Since this request will have to be re-directed to a specialized team member, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email (on the email address connected to your Forum profile), as we’d need direct access to your account specifics to work on the installation issue you’ve experienced. 

At your convenience, please check your inbox for my latest message and let me know here if you have any issues locating it. 

Thanks again & I’ll be awaiting your next email, so as to move forward on the matter together. Happy Monday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    ITP New member | Level 2
    thetv00 New member | Level 2
    Ross_S Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?