cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app Preferences window has tiny font

Desktop app Preferences window has tiny font

larrycoon
New member | Level 2

Hello, I'm using the Desktop app v. 120.4.4598 on Windows 10. New Dell XPS 17 9700 with its default 1920x1200 screen resolution. I just installed Dropbox on this new computer, and have used it without problems on the previous computer.

From the tray, if I right-clock, "Access and manage your Dropbox settings," and then "Preferences" to open the Dropbox Preferences window, the font size on the tabs, checkbox text, drop-down text and buttons makes it completely unusable. Looking at it side-by-side against text in Word, it looks like it's rendering in a 3-point font.

Note that the fonts in the app are just fine when I'm working with my files. It's only the Preferences window that's completely messed-up. Anyone see this before? I've looked for other incidents, but others mostly seem to be related to using Dropbox in the browser.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Re: Desktop app Preferences window has tiny font

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @larrycoon, and welcome to our Community!

Could you check if you have any kind of setting in your OS that makes the font size appear smaller?

Also, can I ask for a screenshot of the issue please? 

Make sure none of your personal info are shown there, for security reasons.

Thanks! Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?