Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app cannot sign in after dropbox business trial

elk7 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I recently upgraded to the Dropbox business version trial, but ever since that I have not been able to log into the desktop app (Windows 10). I've cancelled the trial (reverted to the personal version), done several advanced clean installs, and disabled windows firewall, but nothing seems to work. The issue is that dropbox hangs at the sign in screen ("Set Up Dropbox"). (I'm able to enter my email and password, but then after clicking "sign in", the box turns grey and the circle on the "sign in" button just keeps spinning without actually signing in. 

If I exit the set up screen, the icon is grey. Clicking the icon brings this message, which never changes... 

Capture.PNG

Any ideas on what could be going on?

3 Replies 3

Re: Desktop app cannot sign in after dropbox business trial

Super User II
Super User II

Have you tried an Advanced Reinstall?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

elk7 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

@Mark, yes, I've done the advanced reinstall several times. I also cleared out the Dropbox folders from my registry, but no dice. 

Super User II
Super User II

You are going to need to log a ticket with support then I'm afraid :( 

www.dropbox.com/support to log

http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?