cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app crashes when switching to a different dropbox account

Desktop app crashes when switching to a different dropbox account

Sbrown123
New member | Level 2

Desktop app I'm having issues on the Desktop app. I have a personal and a work dropbox account. When I try to click to switch using the desktop app at the top of the screen it crashed and signs me out of the account. I then have to sign back in and then it tries to resync all my files, however I can't see them changing from the blue dot to the green (so it appears to be constantly in trying to sync mode).

I'm working with 2 other team members so iI need my files to sync at the same time. I have tried downloading a new dropbox app and the problem is still there? I have not lost my work on my desktop but I need this issue resolved so that I can share my files, and make sure we are not working on old versions! can someone help asap, thanks

1 Reply 1

Re: Desktop app crashes when switching to a different dropbox account

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @Sbrown123, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this!

If you have any antivirus programs running on your computer, can you try temporarily disabling this to see if that helps?

I'd just like to note that I found your open ticket through Support. I've followed up with you there too, so if the step above doesn't work then please reply back to my email.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?