cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app keeps coming up with error message

Desktop app keeps coming up with error message

JNNO
New member | Level 2

Hey all, wonder if you guys experienced the same thing. I accidentally unlinked my personal account and when i tried to link back through the desktop app, this error message (attached) appear on the desktop app. I tried uninstalling, deleting dropbox off my laptop, restart and re-download dropbox to sign in and start the process all over, but the same app message keep popping up. Now I had no way to access Dropbox through my Finder ( the usual ways). Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated. I raised a ticket to Dropbox but their response has been slow.Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 8.52.06 am.png

2 Replies 2

Re: Desktop app keeps coming up with error message

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @JNNO; welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

Can you temporarily disable any antivirus you might have running on the computer and try an advanced reinstall and let me know how it goes? 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Desktop app keeps coming up with error message

vareta
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there. Not the OP but I am having the same issue. I have tried the advanced reinstall and it does nothing. I also checked and the issue seems to be with logging into any second account - the first one will log in fine, but I will get the error for the second one no matter what. I'm running Mac (I posted about this recently too).

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?