cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Desktop app problem with new MacOS Big Sur

Desktop app problem with new MacOS Big Sur

martinchanh
New member | Level 2

Anyone upgraded to new MacOS Big Sur Beta version experiencing problem with Dropbox desktop app. App no longer works with the new OS. When trying to open the app, there is a notification message says: The application "Dropbox" can't be opened

23 Replies 23

Daniel Le Couilliard
New member | Level 2

I haven't got it to work yet on Dev Transition Kit.

I downloaded the offline installer in the link in this conversation thread.

What did you do to make it work....

josued8a
Helpful | Level 5

Same behavior either, 19 processes called: "Dropbox Finder Extension", 4 more called: "Dropbox", 1 called: "Dropbox Web Helper" + 1 called: "DropboxMacUpdate".

Nothing shows on the screen, only processes running on the background. Nothing shows on the icons on the top bar either.

Finder do not have Dropbox capabilities.

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

Dropbox completely ignores Apple Silicon Macs on Big Sur 11.0.1

available from Apple since juni 2020 ...

it would be great to have at least a beta. 

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

@Daniel Le Couilliard wrote:

I haven't got it to work yet on Dev Transition Kit.

I downloaded the offline installer in the link in this conversation thread.

What did you do to make it work....

Does NOT works on any Apple silicon Mac !!

shame on you, Dropbox. 

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

The last beta will work just fine on Apple silicon Macs. 

thx a lot, Dropbox !

killeraesthetic
Helpful | Level 6

Mine's just not logging in all together! Did you contact support for help with this? 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @killeraesthetic, could you let me know what issue you're facing exactly? Are you getting a specific error message when attempting to login?

Any other info or screenshots without private info would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

dolfke
Collaborator | Level 10

try this one ?

Vanina
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,
Thanks for welcoming in the community
Can't open Dropbox App on Macbook Pro 2019 ( 2 weeks ago Apple changed my mother board and install Big Sur 11.2. Got Sierra previously )
Several emails since 10 days with Dropbox Support to try to solve the problem ( writing code through Terminal, delete Terminal from Activity Monitor, installing Dropbox off line...) All unsuccesful...
Then we tried to open a new Admin session on my computer, App downloaded properly on this new Admin session...
???

I want Dropbox to work from my main Admin profile and can't't jump from one to other session just for dropbox access...
Why App not working on my main Admin profile if it's working on another session ?
Thanks for your help

ingconti
Helpful | Level 5

even if DB can be a part of there problem, every user on osx has different credentials and settings

Apart form DB, if you experience problem with one user, the only serious workaround is to create a new one, moving the data (for example mail and similar... if You are on iCloud with all data noting is  needed..) AND rename the user as Apple supporto shows.

I did in this way for may customers. 

Need more support?