cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app shows a blank screen when signing in

Desktop app shows a blank screen when signing in

justsomeguy
New member | Level 2

I've installed Dropbox on a Windows 7 PC. When I attempt to sign in I get a blank dialog. Screenshot link: Screenshot. I've tried reinstalling, but each time I get this dialog. Since I'm not allowed to enter my credentials I can't complete the sign-in process on that machine.

Are there any known issues that may becausing this on Windows 7? Dropbox works fine for me on another PC running Windows 10.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blank SignIn Dialog

Mark
Super User II
You should log a support ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help, however, as I said Windows Servers have never been supported and so it may no longer work even if the issue is resolved.

www.dropbox.com/help/3 shows supported OS's.

You can track your ticket at http://dropbox.zendesk.com once logged and please remember that replies may take time due to the Holiday period.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

42 Replies 42

boccara
New member | Level 2
I have exactly the same issue on 3 different machines, one windows 10 and 2 windows server 2008 r2 that I had to sign out and now I cannot sign in....
I downgraded to an older version, the 3.2.6 version. I had the sign in screen but it told me that I have an older version of dropbox and and can't sign in.

so I think that this is a bug of this new version, the 16.4.30 ......

Mark
Super User II
justsomeguy - which version of Dropbox?

Have you tried making sure you dont have ad-blockers etc. installed?

boccara - please note Windows Server is not supported so even if you install it now its likely to not work (it used to work as a by product of XP working, however, that was stopped recently).

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

boccara
New member | Level 2
I don't have add blockers on these machines.
when you say it is not supported for server.....I'm using this solutions for years on these servers (and I'm paying for 1Tb ), and it was perfectly working just before I had to sign out !! I had to sign out for a specific reason, I after that I could't sign in ! this is creasy !

I tried to downgrade right now to 16.3.27, same issue.

Mark
Super User II
You should log a support ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help, however, as I said Windows Servers have never been supported and so it may no longer work even if the issue is resolved.

www.dropbox.com/help/3 shows supported OS's.

You can track your ticket at http://dropbox.zendesk.com once logged and please remember that replies may take time due to the Holiday period.

boccara
New member | Level 2
many thanks for your help.

but like I said I also have this issue on a windows 10 pc ....

Mark
Super User II
Which is why I said log a ticket...

boccara
New member | Level 2
Juste for info I downgraded to 15.4.22 from
http://dropbox.fr.uptodown.com/windows/telecharger/1274253

and it works. I successfully signed in !!

boccara
New member | Level 2
after the first lauch, dropbox is upgrading to the last version, (16.4.30) and it still working.

kom2002
New member | Level 2

Thanks for your workaround! Helpful!!!

Anyway, here is the official link https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-15-4-22/m-p/195732#M3502

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SkipG Helpful | Level 6
    omonra New member | Level 2
    Ed Dropboxer
    Romaneli New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?