cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app stopped working.

Desktop app stopped working.

zakirHossain
New member | Level 2

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Dropbox.exe
Application Version: 70.3.70.0
Application Timestamp: 5c90b8f8
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7bafa
Exception Code: e00f0001
Exception Offset: 0000b727
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Desktop app stopped working.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @zakirHossain, sorry to hear about this. 

Could you please try disabling any firewalls, anitivirus or VPN/proxy settings that could be interefering with the client's installation and try again using the offline installer from the following page? 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-70-3-70/m-p/334713

While we're on it, I couldn't help but notice that you're using the beta version of our desktop application on a Windows device (what exact OS and build is your computer by the way?) and as those (i.e. beta builds) are experimental and still in the testing process you could have some issues or an incosistent experience. 

If you'd like to try the most recent stable version of our client (i.e. the desktop app) you can use the link below: 

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?plat=win&type=full

Let me know how it goes please.

PS: If you're still getting an error, please attach the full error message you get after you've clicked on the blue hyperlink within the error message's prompt. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @zakirHossain, sorry to hear about this. 

Could you please try disabling any firewalls, anitivirus or VPN/proxy settings that could be interefering with the client's installation and try again using the offline installer from the following page? 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-70-3-70/m-p/334713

While we're on it, I couldn't help but notice that you're using the beta version of our desktop application on a Windows device (what exact OS and build is your computer by the way?) and as those (i.e. beta builds) are experimental and still in the testing process you could have some issues or an incosistent experience. 

If you'd like to try the most recent stable version of our client (i.e. the desktop app) you can use the link below: 

https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?plat=win&type=full

Let me know how it goes please.

PS: If you're still getting an error, please attach the full error message you get after you've clicked on the blue hyperlink within the error message's prompt. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

MITS_AK
Explorer | Level 3

I've The same problem when installing DropBox 74.4.115.0 on windows 10 Professional 64 bits (10.0; version 10240). I've disabled mindow's firewall   and my antivirus firewall but still get the error:

Récipient d’erreurs 1219288512842148746, type 1
Nom d’événement : APPCRASH
Réponse : Non disponible
ID de CAB : 0

Signature du problème :
P1 : Dropbox.exe
P2 : 74.4.115.0
P3 : 5cf65f8b
P4 : KERNELBASE.dll
P5 : 10.0.10240.16384
P6 : 559f3b2a
P7 : e00f0003
P8 : 000b3e28
P9 :
P10 :

how can you resolve it please?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @MITS_AK - sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Can you forward me a screenshot of the error you get so I can get a better view of the matter at hand?

If you see a blue link within the error message pop-up, please click on it. This will open a file with the full text of the error. Please either copy and paste the full text in your next response here and we'll take it from there.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to your answer with the complete error log.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

MITS_AK
Explorer | Level 3

Ok that is the error that i have

error_1.PNG

When i Cloick of the blue ling it opens me this web page

error_2.PNG

Found here the scree shot of event viewer

error_3.PNG

Walter
Dropboxer

I have just sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address so we can work on this together from this point moving forward @MITS_AK.

Take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. Thank you!

PS: For a detailed explanation of the "Error 2" you're getting, you can have a look here: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installs-integrations/Installation-error-2-on-win-7/td-p/219756/page...

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?