cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Desktop application is blank when opened

Desktop application is blank when opened

IPI
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have a Dell Insperon 17 running Windows 10

When I open Dropbox from the start menu, I just get a blank dialogue box.  I cannot open by clicking the icon on the task bar.

The sync is working correctly and my files are updated.  I want to change desktop notifications but cannot access dropbox to do that.

I have followed the instructions to stop all instances of Dropbox through the task managere before uninstalling and have reinstalled.  Same issue.blank dialogue box.blank dialogue box.

13 Replies 13

young0886
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Was this resolved?  I have the exact same problem

IPI
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

My issue is resovled.  I was on Windows 10 version 1809.  When I updated to 1903 (I am now on 1909) it worked.  I thought auto update would have handled the new version install but it did not.

I did have an issue with PowerPoint crashing after the update.  I had to uninstall a program I use to use my iPad as a second screen (Duet) and then redo the update.  They all get a long now.

Regards, Ed

lpgarciapintos
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am having the exact same issue. Windows and drivers are up to date. Reinstalled dropbox but this did not solve it.

Any help from Dropbox support?

IPI
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes they were.  It was a while so I cannot remember the details.  My version of windows was up to date but my system did not install the next build (26 to 27???).  When I did that Dropbox worked.  However, it created a problem in another program and I found I had to uninstall a program and then reinstall to get it working properly.  A bit of work but it has been working fine since.

Need more support?