cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop not compatible

Desktop not compatible

Marbanus
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, I have Windows 7 Enterprise Service pack 1 and I've been using Dropbox desktop and Sync to my online acct for almost a month but today I couldnt access my shared files. I've reinstalled the desktop app and now it shows "Your system is not compatible " message.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Desktop not compatible

Marbanus
Helpful | Level 6
  • %PROGRAMFILES(x86)% shows a dead end.   I 've tried to go through the process 4 times and every time I've got the same message" Your System is not compatible" . I had to delete every single Dropbox folder ( system or file Drop.png) including files in my PC and only then i could get my credentials recognized and the files synced. Hope this info  is helpful and thanks for your orientation! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @Marbanus, let's see how I could help!

Can you check and make sure your device has the security update KB3033929? You'd need it for the Dropbox desktop app to work properly.

If you make sure your computer has the update mentioned, you can also try the offline installer to see if this does the trick for you.

Let me know how it goes!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Marbanus
Helpful | Level 6

Tried both, same issue. 

Megan
Dropboxer
Thanks for writing back @Marbanus

If you've made sure you have the security update installed on your device, and the issue remains, I'd suggest you try an Advanced re-install.

Can you give this a go and update me with the results?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Marbanus
Helpful | Level 6
  • %PROGRAMFILES(x86)% shows a dead end.   I 've tried to go through the process 4 times and every time I've got the same message" Your System is not compatible" . I had to delete every single Dropbox folder ( system or file Drop.png) including files in my PC and only then i could get my credentials recognized and the files synced. Hope this info  is helpful and thanks for your orientation! 

Megan
Dropboxer
I'm happy to see your troubleshooting steps worked @Marbanus!

Don't hesitate to get back to us if anything comes up.

Cheers!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    Marbanus Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?