cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop version mouse tracking issue?

Desktop version mouse tracking issue?

credd77
New member | Level 2

Hello, all!

Anyone else having massive issues with the new desktop verison (PC...everything's updated) having massive mouse tracking issue?  I can not click on ANYTHING.  It pops it to the line below or above, no rhyme or reason.  

Is there a way to roll back to the old DB for desktop?  I'd love to actually be able to access my files,

Thanks!

18 Replies 18

Re: Desktop version mouse tracking issue?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @credd77; welcome to our Community!

Truth be told, I haven't seen anything similar reported lately/

If you rebooted your computer and restarted the app and the issue persists, could you perhaps re-install the app on the affected computer? Maybe that will do the trick for you. 

Just keep in mind that if you're on the Basic plan and have more than 3 devices connected to your account, you'll need to reduce the amount below 3 -due to the device limit for free users on the Basic plan- to be able to relink the desktop app on the mentioned computer. 

While we're at it, you can also change the way your files are opened via the desktop app through the app's preferences if needed. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Gary Manning
Helpful | Level 5

its happening to me too.    its hard to make a screen shot showing it,  but its selecting about 10mm below where the mouse is.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Gary Manning; welcome aboard and thanks for joining the discussion here. 

I'm sorry to hear you're also noticing this issue; how has my suggestion to re-install the desktop app on the affected device worked out for you?  

Keep me posted! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Gary Manning
Helpful | Level 5

well,  when i saw that dropbox did an update, i thought, oh good. this will be fixed.  but not.  should I still reinstall?

i have taken a screen shot.  see attached    strange things,  1,  the top black bar seems to be the distance that the mouse is out.  2  the screen shot did not grab the mouse,  but it was over the maximaise button but showing the popup expected by hovering over the ...   the mouse is fine when clicking on the dropbox icon and flyout near the time.  its only in this "window"  

Screenshot 2020-05-07 07.27.24_cr.png

Gary Manning
Helpful | Level 5

sometimes dropbox opens without the black border then the mouse tracks fine.

Tapper63
New member | Level 2

I have exact same issues with mouse pointer and will try to re-install Desktop version to see if that fixes problem, otherwise expect some sort of update from Dropbox?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Tapper63; thanks for joining our discussion here and sorry to hear you're also having this issue.

May I ask on what version of the app are you seeing this?

I'm just asking as there was an update to our desktop app's version just yesterday (v.97.4.467). 

Keep me posted anyhow! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Gary Manning
Helpful | Level 5

its doing it again.  and the that black border is on dropbox.  nothing else.  no theme changes.  its been fine for days.  now this.

Annotation 2020-05-20 160024.jpg

Gary Manning
Helpful | Level 5

I think I might have worked how to trigger the problem.  move from one screen to another.  when the black bar appears you can move the mouse to the top of the black bar,  click and it reduces 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?