cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer of a file manager: some cloud folders are not being listed

Developer of a file manager: some cloud folders are not being listed

milos2021
New member | Level 2

I am developer of One Commander file manager and a user recently showed me that not all Dropbox cloud folders were listed in One Commander but Explorer was showing them. The program uses regular .NET EnumerateFiles and not a specific Dropbox API. There are no issues with GoogleDrive or OneDrive unsynchronized files properly listing, and some Dropbox folders are also fine, so I don't know what could be the reason for a particula folder not showing if Dropbox is running in the background. Any ideas what that I could ask user to try or what I could do to fully support Dropbox cloud files without using the Dropbox API and authentication?

3 Replies 3

Re: Developer of a file manager: some cloud folders are not being listed

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @milos2021, thanks for posting today!

The amount of support we can provide is limited if you're not using the Dropbox API to connect to the service.

Which folders in particular are not appearing? Is it random folders, or are they all based in a specific location?

Do they have any similarities between them, namely regarding characters and symbols?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

milos2021
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay, thanks for the reply. The user has showed me that a folder containing a list of years, so folders "2015" through "2020" are showing, but "2021" is not (showing only in File Explorer). That folder is not hidden. 

I don't know if it is relevant, but the same users says that for some files, a pdf for example, the acrobat will show "There was an error opening this document. The file cannot be accessed by system", but only when started from my file manager, which simply calls "Process.Start(full_path_to_file);" 

Thank you!

Jay
Dropboxer
Is the folder a shared folder or a team folder?

Are they on a paid plan with Smart Sync, and is the file online-only?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    milos2021 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?