cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable camera uploads

Disable camera uploads

BGK
Explorer | Level 3

On startup I receive the Dropbox message to import photos,. In Preference/ Import  - Enable camera uploads is not checked. But on every system startup I receive the message. How do I stop this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disable camera uploads

Mark
Super User II
You need to change it via altering the auto play settings:
https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/change-preferences

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

30 Replies 30

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey @BGK, welcome to our forum! 

I’d like to have a look at this. Can you send me a screenshot of the entire message you’re seeing? 

Thanks!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

globalnr
Explorer | Level 4

I am in a fit. I use the free version, and all my photos are uploading into Dropbox using my free memory. I see from previous instructions to go to the preference page,and under the import, select the box next to enable.

I noticed there is no box to do this and the only option is to either chose photos and videos, or just photos. Menaing all my photos go into dropbox and I don't want that. Does anybody have any ideas??

Mark
Super User II
Is this on a computer or a mobile?

We need a bit more info globalnr

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

globalnr
Explorer | Level 4
laptop..

Mark
Super User II

Within the Preferences Menu untick the box thats highlighted below in pink:

camera uploads.png

globalnr
Explorer | Level 4
The check box is no longer there! Does not allow me that option. I am on the free version

Mark
Super User II
Can you post a screenshot?

It doesnt make any difference what version you are on.

globalnr
Explorer | Level 4

/won't let me

globalnr
Explorer | Level 4

Not letting me post  screen shot.

This is ridiculous. They are playin games. they are full of it!!!!!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    JW23 Explorer | Level 3
    Sanchez Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?