cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable dropbox service to others users

Disable dropbox service to others users

marciofornari
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I installed the Dropbox on my windows, the windows has multiple users.

I see on task manager that dropbox service run at all users and this is using a memory.

It's possible disable the dropbox service at others users? I want that only the Administrator can run the service. 

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Re: Disable dropbox service to others users

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @marciofornari, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Could you just clarify for me if the desktop app is also installed on the other user profiles too, or just on your admin profile?

For the app to be used on the different profiles, the app would need to be installed on each profile.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

marciofornari
New member | Level 2

@Daphne wrote:

Hey there @marciofornari, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Could you just clarify for me if the desktop app is also installed on the other user profiles too, or just on your admin profile?

For the app to be used on the different profiles, the app would need to be installed on each profile.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Hi @Daphne 

It was installed only at Admin profile. The windows is a Windows Server and works with RDP

Thanks for the support

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @!

Can you let me know if you see Dropbox possibly enabled within the startup items for these profiles? You can check out these steps to find the enabled startup items if you're not familiar.

Keep me posted with your findings!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?