cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable notifications on icon in menubar (OSX)

Disable notifications on icon in menubar (OSX)

MichaelHI
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there, is there any way to disable the notifications that sit as a tiny red number on the icon on the menubar? I've included a photo of one just to be specific.

This -> notification.png

3 Replies 3

Re: Disable notifications on icon in menubar (OSX)

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi there @MichaelHI; how are you today?

At this point, you'll need to mark them as read to dismiss them from the app's icon. 

From there, you can choose which notifications you'll be getting through the app's preferences or even turn them of for a limited set of time. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more questions, Michael. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

MichaelHI
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Walter!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! Super appreciated. So, there's no way to entirely disable to these notifications or manually turn off all of the conditions that might trigger them?

Best,

Michael

Walter
Dropboxer

I'm afraid no, Michael, there's no way to completely disable the notifications via the desktop app. 

The closest thing would be to uncheck all the options you get in your notifications tab in the app's preferences. 

That said, if you'd like a change on this feature, you can post your idea in the relevant section of our Community so other users can upvote it too. 

Feel free to give me a nudge here if you have any more questions! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?