cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it exist a function to search and delete duplicate files/photos from dropbox? Thanks.

Does it exist a function to search and delete duplicate files/photos from dropbox? Thanks.

Tony A.1
New member | Level 2

9 Replies 9

Re: Does it exist a function to search and delete duplicate files/photos from dropbox? Thanks.

DaveC2
New member | Level 1

no, you need to do that locally with one of the 3,792 programs capable of it, and let DB sync those changes to the cloud.

Re: Does it exist a function to search and delete duplicate files/photos from dropbox? Thanks.

Gail J.
New member | Level 1

Yet again an answer that says nothing. What is the most recommended of the 3792 programs capable and how specifically can one do this?

DaveC2
New member | Level 1

Actually, I said a lot, I think your just being a bit arrogant and expecting everyone to do the work for you.
I would however suggest you google "Find and delete duplicate files in windows" (replace windows with your operating system if that isnt it)

Gail J.
New member | Level 1

Not arrogant just frustrated with no experience on dropbox and carousel - have read plenty of people having problems with dropbox backing up over and over the same photos with no answer in support there. google brought me here and to other forums with many people having same questions but have been unable to find recommendation for the best/ easiest way to do this nor how to stop dropbox from duplicating in first place. Other programs ask before adding duplicates.

Kelly H.21
New member | Level 1

If you want to, try using DuplicateFilesDeleter.

Daniel L.39
New member | Level 1

Duplicate Files Deleter is ideal for handling such type of files.

Mark
Super User II

Just remember that a lot of applications have multiple files for things (e.g. iTunes often have 2 or 3 versions/copies of album artworks). By deleting duplicates without knowing exactly what your doing could cause issues for you 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Matt D.10
New member | Level 1

Easy Duplicate File Finder

It is worth $39.95 to save hours....works for several cloud accounts, hard drive and you get a free Photo Duplicate finder as well.

I do not work for or have any affiliation with this company.

MiMi57
New member | Level 2

Yes I have Easy Duplicate File Finder. It is able to go in dropbox to check for duplicates but can't delete photos. How can I change that so it can?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Matt D.10 New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Daniel L.39 New member | Level 1
    Kelly H.21 New member | Level 1
    Gail J. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?