cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't want sync with Laptop and mobile

Don't want sync with Laptop and mobile

TheRose
New member | Level 2

Hello, by accident I installed Dropbox to sync with my laptop and mobile. However, I don't want this to be connected.
Then I tried to disconnect my laptop from Dropbox, and I lost al lot of of my laptop data. Apparently there are folders that are called "My PC" and "My data in my Dropbox" and "My data on my computer".
Well, I just would like to have my laptop back in that order how it used to be, and then I would like to delete my Dropbox account completely.

How can I repair my laptop data and then delete Dropbox?

Thanks for you help, I'm quite desperate...

Best,

TheRose

1 Reply 1

Re: Don't want sync with Laptop and mobile

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @TheRose, I'm more than happy to help look into this with you!

It sounds like computer backup was enabled when you installed the desktop app. 

You should be able to find the files you're looking for when you look through your account on the web. 

Could you try reinstalling the desktop app to turn off computer backup and move your files back to their original locations?

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?