cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Notification Settings

Double Notification Settings

jcwestberry
Explorer | Level 3

I'm still seeing this as an issue in my Notifications Preferences Pane. Has a resolution been produced by Dropbox?

Screen Shot.png

2 Replies 2

Re: Double Notification Settings

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @jcwestberry, welcome to our Community and happy Monday!

What you noticed is actually considered to be expected behavior in the latest versions of the Dropbox desktop application. It allows you to have settings for two different type of notification styles for Dropbox. 

You can allow Alerts, which are persistent notifications for critical updates from the Dropbox desktop app, and Banners, which are quick notifications about updates to Dropbox files etc.

I hope this helps! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Double Notification Settings

jcwestberry
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Walter. Still doesn't correct the issue though.

As Duhkha outlines below...

Screen Shot.png

There is no way to determine which type of notification will be assigned to which behavior or alert. How do we know the difference between the two notification types?

Thanks,

- Jon

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jcwestberry Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?