cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double clicking the PPTX file in the dropbox folder does not launch PowerPoint.

New member | Level 2

I'm using a dropbox on my MacBook. However, the problem is that if you double-click the PPTX file in the drop-box folder, it should be run automatically, but the PPT related files will not open

Running PPTX on the desktop opens PowerPoint but does not open the PPTX file in the poisoned dropbox folder
To fix this, run PowerPoint, click Open, select the PPTX file in the drop box, and open it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Double clicking the PPTX file in the dropbox folder does not launch PowerPoint.

Dropboxer

Hey there @hedion0925  - sorry to hear that!

At first, can you please provide me with a screenshot of what you get when you double click on the mentioned files?

By the way, are those files fully synced or still syncing (you can tell by their syncing icons)? Is your desktop app reporting 'Up to date'? 

Also, have you, by any chance, restarted your computer since you first noticed this happening? 

Any additional information will be much appreciated so feel free to include anything you think might help our investigation. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Double clicking the PPTX file in the dropbox folder does not launch PowerPoint.

Dropboxer

Hey there @hedion0925  - sorry to hear that!

At first, can you please provide me with a screenshot of what you get when you double click on the mentioned files?

By the way, are those files fully synced or still syncing (you can tell by their syncing icons)? Is your desktop app reporting 'Up to date'? 

Also, have you, by any chance, restarted your computer since you first noticed this happening? 

Any additional information will be much appreciated so feel free to include anything you think might help our investigation. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?