cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download option no longer available

Download option no longer available

Michael P.66
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Suddenly, the "download" option has disappeared from the page and drop-down menus. I can do anything else to my files, but there is no longer an option to download. Any thoughts?

25 Replies 25

Michael P.66
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I want a static copy that does not sync. Opening and then downloading files adds an extra step in what could be the download of hundreds of images per day. NOT efficient. Your "improved" functionality will likely result in the loss of this customer.

Valerie G.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I agree with Michael P.  The download button should be returned as an option. Josh am disturbed by your statement: "everyone would have to understand the distinction between the two and choose accordingly" - it seems pretty clear DB's assumption is that DB users are too clueless to understand, and that is a window into the arrogant tech mindset behind many changes like this one, that actually reduce functionality rather than adding to it.

Like Michael P - and like thousands of other people I'm sure - I also prefer to download a copy of a file and work on it without touching the original. 

Your assumptions are wrong here. 1) We're not stupid and 2) there are different ways of working that do NOT fit in with your 'new model'. Elegant and well-designed software does not remove functionality. You could easily return the download button, you're just choosing not to, seemingly because you think you know best. Fact is, you don't know what is best for everyone, and the arrogance that you think you do know is upsetting.

Please return the download button as an option. It would restore a lot of good will and you might prevent a lot of users from leaving your service.

Michael P.66
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Well said, Valerie. However, I suspect our pleas are falling on deaf ears. Guess the tech people know better about what customers want than their actual customers do. That's ridiculous and offensive. 

Valerie G.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Agreed Michael! Still worth making our voices heard. I will write directly to DB about this. Maybe if we both do someone will reply.

Danny K.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Please help!  I've been sending links to my customers so they can download the photos they have bought from me.

I started doing this on Monday and it worked really well with the all the photos displayed in squares and a top right 'Download' button....fantastic and clear for my clients.

Now with deadlines looming it's gone pear shaped and the link seems to just take me back into a list of images with lots of text and of no help to my clients.

Would love some advice please....

Dean S.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes, we definitely need the download option.

Thanks!

brian d.57
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

PLEASE PLEASE Put the DOWNLOAD button back!!  

Michele M.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I've noticed the button is available in Safari and not in Chrome, so... just use Safari 😉

marc k.11
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I work in a school district that doesn't allow the dropbox software on the computers so I have been using the website and downloading in order to print. Now I will need to email myself my files. 

Suki N.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have to download in order to upload to Google Photo where I organize all my photos in order for our business to run smooth. I have to be able to download entire folders or else half my day is wasted opening and saving each file separately. Not productive at all.

Please re-instate the download feature. Lots of people need hard copies, not just files floating in a cloud.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jco3740 New member | Level 2
    mathcarol New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    devccs New member | Level 2
    AdamZ New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?