cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Drobox for Android - Upload Folder Including all Files and Subfolders

Drobox for Android - Upload Folder Including all Files and Subfolders

Lance V.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Being that android devices have a file manager, I was really hoping you could copy a folder (including all files and subfolders inside the folder) and paste on to Dropbox inside a Dropbox folder. Is there any possible way to upload a whole folder of files from the Google Android operating system? I don't think this can be done at the present time. That would be really super if you could. I am using Google Android's 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with the Dropbox app.

13 Replies 13

PGMtl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I agree. Dropbox---->>> we need to be able to upload big directory trees with lots of files (thousands) from android devices. copying trees from android to pc is a flaky process. help us break free from cables. make the cloud happen for us too!!

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @PGMtl, welcome to our forum!
Thanks for posting your comments here. I’m adding your post to my collection of feedback about this, and letting our devs know. 
Cheers :wink:

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey everyone, 

I am marking this issue as solved, as I have gathered all your input, and sent it to our mobile team. I realize that the issue is not solved, but at this point there isn’t anything we can do beyond making your comments available to our devs. 

Thank you all for your feedback, and for taking the time to post here :slight_smile:

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Pixeldroid
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am a developer myself and I know it's possible but a complicated problem. Then why can't the developer team do it?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?