cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drobox for Android - Upload Folder Including all Files and Subfolders

Drobox for Android - Upload Folder Including all Files and Subfolders

Lance V.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Being that android devices have a file manager, I was really hoping you could copy a folder (including all files and subfolders inside the folder) and paste on to Dropbox inside a Dropbox folder. Is there any possible way to upload a whole folder of files from the Google Android operating system? I don't think this can be done at the present time. That would be really super if you could. I am using Google Android's 4.4.2 KitKat operating system with the Dropbox app.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey everyone, 

I am marking this issue as solved, as I have gathered all your input, and sent it to our mobile team. I realize that the issue is not solved, but at this point there isn’t anything we can do beyond making your comments available to our devs. 

Thank you all for your feedback, and for taking the time to post here :slight_smile:

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there,

Sorry the the late response - are you still having issues?

Thanks

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

moe m.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having the same issue. I have multiple folders with multiple files. I would like to upload whole folders not individual files then have to resort all of them. Way too time consuming will just use drive.

A Z.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

On my Samsung Galaxy S4 this still doesn't seem possible or am I not looking in the right place?
When I try to do it directly from the "My Files" app by selecting all files and selecting to send it to Dropbox, it tells me that too many files have been selected and I need to do it from the Dropbox app.

When I go into Dropbox app I don't see an option to select ALL files from a certain folder to upload. I have to manually select each file and upload it, which will take forever.

radiohead_s1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Is there simply no support for Galaxy S4 to upload album/folders altogether to dropbox?

There is a multiple upload view which only allows for photos grouped together by date. Since there is a mechanism in place for multiple upload. I would imagine there should be one for uploading whole folders?

Thank you

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

radiohead_s1 wrote:
I would imagine there should be one for uploading whole folders?

There is no support for uploading folders through the mobile apps.

Ivicg
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hey Ed - could you confirm that it is NOT possible on Android (Galaxy S7):
1. Copy entire folder from Android file system to dropbox
2. Copying unlimited number of files from an arbitrary folder on Android files system to dropbox (I was able to figure how to share files via "share" feature, but it is limiting me to 10 items - very annoying).

Gunhaga
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Rich wrote:

@radiohead_s1 wrote:
I would imagine there should be one for uploading whole folders?

There is no support for uploading folders through the mobile apps.

Hey Dropbox. This is NOT acceptabla for a fine service like yours! I am certain that all your customers using Android stand by my opinion. A paid service at that.

Don't get me wrong, I realy like Dropbox. But I also realy miss this fetare. Please, I beg of you, as one of your customers and users, fix this for us. Thank you in advance.

sssteeve
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

duplicate

sssteeve
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I use a Samsung Tab 4 7.0 w KitKat and through a file manager like ES File Explorer 3.5x I can upload up to 100 files at a time. Whether that is a limitation of the device, the OS, the file manager or Dropbox doesn't really matter to me... I will batch up 100 files to upload to Dropbox.

One limitation that does matter to me is that if several folders are selected to upload to Dropbox all of the files end up in one folder, the currently selected one. One workaround is to ZIP up the files maintaining the folder hierarchy. I can unzip that file to its own folder using 7zip on my desktop computer which syncs to Dropbox and voila - all of the original folders are now on Dropbox and I can delete the ZIP file to free up space.

As for the post I am replying to I would appreciate someone clarifying whether that is a limitation of the mobile Dropbox app - or the Android or iOS platforms or devices. I do not use the Dropbox app to actually upload files, I only use it to access, manage or download the files in my Dropbox.

FWIW I appreciate how Dropbox works so well with my mobile apps and these limitations are not deal breakers for me.

sssteeve

P.S. The software running this forum leaves *much* to be desired... 😞

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

A Z.3 New member | Level 2
    moe m. New member | Level 1
    Ed Dropbox Staff
    Pixeldroid New member | Level 2
    Sanchez Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?