cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Box icon

Drop Box icon

raconte
Explorer | Level 4

Not sure if this is the right discussion.  I have a red 1 on my drop box icon, and I've tried everything to correct.  I'm not having a problem syncing, can't think what's causing this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Drop Box icon

Megan
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional details @raconte!

You should be able to see your app's syncing status by hovering your mouse over the little Dropbox icon.

I'd also appreciate a screenshot of your notification area, when you click on the icon.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

@raconte wrote:

Not sure if this is the right discussion.  I have a red 1 on my drop box icon, and I've tried everything to correct.  I'm not having a problem syncing, can't think what's causing this

That usually means you have a notification waiting. Open the app and check your Notifications. It's the bell icon.

raconte
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks, as advised I check my notifications, clicked on the bell, but didn't see any new notifications.

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @raconte, thanks for reaching out!

If the issue persists, can you send me a screenshot of what you see when you click the little Dropbox icon?

If you could also share your syncing status with me, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

raconte
Explorer | Level 4

Here's a screen shot of what I see (the red line is on my dropbox icon up top)  and how do I share my sync status?Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 10.34.48.png

Megan
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional details @raconte!

You should be able to see your app's syncing status by hovering your mouse over the little Dropbox icon.

I'd also appreciate a screenshot of your notification area, when you click on the icon.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

raconte
Explorer | Level 4

Lori:

My apologies, I was out of the office and just now getting around to going thought my email.  I want to thank you for your help.  Your suggestions got me thinking and I was able to resolve the issue -- THANKS!

Megan
Dropboxer
Happy to see that everything is now resolved @raconte!

Don't hesitate to get back to us if anything comes up.

Enjoy your week!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    raconte Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?