cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Drop Box on iPad only.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Someone is trying to share her files with me, but she only has an iPad & no computer. How can she complete installation of the iPad app without a computer so she can put the files in the folder I set up for her? I have searched for an answer and I can not find one.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Drop Box on iPad only.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply! 

This makes a little more sense now In this case, please ask her to create an account first (and if she doesn't have access to a computer, she should be able to do this through a mobile browser), and then proceed to sign in with her new account in the Dropbox app for iOS. 

Could you ask her to try that out and let us know how it goes? Thanks! 

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
She just needs to install the Dropbox app from the App Store. Once signed in, she should see all of the files and folders in her account, including any shared folders she's been invited to. She can use the app to upload files to the folder.
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

She says it will not let her do anything until she sets it up on her computer (which she does not have).

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @nhtim1, thanks for checking in about this and hope you’re doing good today 😊

As @Rich said, all she needs to do is  install the Dropbox app, and sign into her existing account - This should take her straight to her files which are easily previewable (as long as the file type is supported). 

Since you mentioned, "it will not let her do anything until she sets it up on her computer", can we check if she's able to access her account successfully through the mobile browser (Safari, or anything else installed), just for testing purposes? 

Additionally, any chance you can get a screenshot for us of this message she's receiving, so we can get a better visual understanding on our end too? 

Thanks in advance & looking forward to hearing from you again!

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

nhtim1 wrote:

She says it will not let her do anything until she sets it up on her computer (which she does not have).

What, specifically, will not let her do anything? Have her provide screenshots if she can, or at the very least, describe the exact steps she's taking. i.e., Installed the app, logged in, tapped this icon, received this message, etc.

The only things I know of that require a computer are referral bonuses and Camera Uploads for free accounts. I'm not aware of any other process that requires a computer.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

She does not have an existing account.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply! 

This makes a little more sense now In this case, please ask her to create an account first (and if she doesn't have access to a computer, she should be able to do this through a mobile browser), and then proceed to sign in with her new account in the Dropbox app for iOS. 

Could you ask her to try that out and let us know how it goes? Thanks! 

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

OK, I will contact her and give her those instructions & let you know what happens.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Perfect, we'll be here keeping an eye out for your update. Thanks! 👀 🤗

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

She opted for another avenue to get me the documents, so I guess there will not be an answer to the question. Your solution Karina is probably correct for those seeking the same answer. 

thanks for you help.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?