cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop box fills up had drive on sync desipte apprently correct settings. Tips Needed!

Drop box fills up had drive on sync desipte apprently correct settings. Tips Needed!

Lola21
New member | Level 2

Why when I sync does my hard drive fill up with old files? I run a Mac, have sets mart sync, have selected folder not to appear on my hard drive drop box.. all good -  but whichever way I set it drop box fills up the hard drive with something. - how can I stop this and safely delete any duplicates/old files ?

1 Reply 1

Re: Drop box fills up had drive on sync desipte apprently correct settings. Tips Needed!

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Lola21; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

Can you please send me a screenshot of where you're seeing this discrepancy in disk space on your Mac?

Also, can you send us the status of the app as shown in your menu bar?

While we're at it, a screenshot of the content of your Dropbox folder (omitting any personal information) to check the syncing icons on your files would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?