cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropBox App Stalled at "Starting..." after update

DropBox App Stalled at "Starting..." after update

LouBrew60
New member | Level 2

After automatically updating to version 120.3.4579 (MacBook Pro 15-inch 2020/High Sierra 10.13.6), the app has stalled at the "Starting..." message and none of the functions are working. I downloaded and reinstalled the previous version, which worked until it again automatically updated. I have restarted the app, restarted the computer and signed off/back onto my account. Has anyone found a fix to this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DropBox App Stalled at "Starting..." after update

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @LouBrew60,

Seems you have joined in beta program of Dropbox! Are you made this unintentionally or because misunderstanding what are you accepting. To make things clear you are accepted to be Dropbox application tester! Version with second number 3 is beta development one. If you want get out of this, take a look on your account setting and make sure "Early releases" there is turn off. After that, make sure you have installed the latest stable build. 😉 That's it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @LouBrew60,

Seems you have joined in beta program of Dropbox! Are you made this unintentionally or because misunderstanding what are you accepting. To make things clear you are accepted to be Dropbox application tester! Version with second number 3 is beta development one. If you want get out of this, take a look on your account setting and make sure "Early releases" there is turn off. After that, make sure you have installed the latest stable build. 😉 That's it.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

LouBrew60
New member | Level 2

Thank you. I don't remember changing that setting, but it's possible! That did the trick.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

LouBrew60 New member | Level 2
    Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?