cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropBox BackUp .... REAL PROBLEMS!!!

DropBox BackUp .... REAL PROBLEMS!!!

TJB59
Explorer | Level 3

Okay, I inadvertently utilized DropBox Basic to BackUp my desktop, files, etc.... not only did I run out of space which I have ZERO desire to do as I rarely utilize DropBox.... but while the app was backing up my system, literally all my files got screwed up, my email history was lost for God knows what reason and these are just a few of the disasters I detected.   DropBox offers zero live support with human beings, they offer no email or contact information of any kind... just an array of articles that are difficult to understand and harder to follow because the steps are not applicable to my situation.  I cannot find Preferences for example to "Manage the BackUp".

This is a complete disaster made worse by a company's total disregard to offer any human "touch" or contact of any kind to help its customers to resolve issues.  If you know anything and walk through this process step by step, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

1 Reply 1

Re: DropBox BackUp .... REAL PROBLEMS!!!

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @TJB59, I hope you're doing well! 

It seems you're referring to our Computer Backup. 

Have you tried disabling the feature using these steps? 

Also, since you mentioned you can't find "Manage Backup", can you let me know the version of the desktop application you have installed? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there! 

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?