cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropBox Folder sync and Dropbox program: should they live together?

DropBox Folder sync and Dropbox program: should they live together?

azzurroverde
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I have DropBox Folder sync and Dropbox programs both installed on my computer.

I think one was transfered from the old computer, the other was on the new one. But I'm not sure.

Maybe the new version of dropbox needs both.
Is it correct that they both are installed? My impression is that they use different base folders.

I'm afraid they both synch different things. I disabled synch and if I'm not able to understand what's going on I will remove both and goodby Dropbox.

The new version of DropBox decided what do do without my input and decided to use a different folder than my old one. That's horrible.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: DropBox Folder sync and Dropbox program: should they live together?

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox folder sync is not a Dropbox official application. You need to speak to them I'm afraid about how they set up and sync things.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox folder sync is not a Dropbox official application. You need to speak to them I'm afraid about how they set up and sync things.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

azzurroverde
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you. I didn't realized it wasnt an offical DropBox app. It has been there on the old computer for many years.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @azzurroverde, do you need any assistance after removing the third party app, and installing the Dropbox desktop application?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?